My Shopping List
Spring Fling Potato Salad
Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 lb. mixed red and gold waxy Idaho® potatoes, cubed
+ 1 1/2 c. green peas, frozen or fresh
+ 1/3 c. dried cranberries
+ 2 small cucumbers, seeded and diced
+ 4 scallions, sliced
+ 1/4 c. sliced almonds
+ 3 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
+ 2 Tbsp. pomegranate molasses
+ 2 tsp. kosher salt
+ generous handful fresh basil
+ leaves from a few sprigs of fresh mint
+ 3/4 c. buttermilk, plus additional as needed
+ 3/4 c. mayonnaise
+ May substitute grenadine for pomegranate molasses.
What to do:
1. Boil the cubed potatoes until just fork tender, about 10 min. Drain and reserve.
2. While potatoes cook, bring a second pot of water to a boil and blanch peas for 1 min., then drain and plunge them into an ice water bath to shock and stop the cooking. Set aside.
3. To make the dressing, place vinegar, pomegranate molasses, salt, and herbs in the small bowl of a food processor and pulse until leaves are minced. Combine this mixture with the buttermilk and mayonnaise in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake until dressing is well mixed. Thin dressing with additional buttermilk as needed.
4. In a large bowl, place potatoes, peas, cranberries, cucumbers, scallions, and sliced almonds. Toss with enough of the dressing to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
* Recipe courtesy of Molly Sheridan,