100% Whole Wheat Cinnamon-Sugar Cookies
Courtesy of Wheat Foods Council
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Chill Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 6 Tbsp. light olive oil
+ 1 c. sugar
+ 2 Tbsp. milk, 1% or nonfat
+ 1 tsp. vanilla
+ 1 large egg (or 2 egg whites)
+ 1 3/4 c. white whole wheat flour
+ 1 tsp. baking powder
+ 1/2 tsp. baking soda
+ 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
+ 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
+ 1/8 tsp. salt
What to do:
1. In a medium bowl, combine olive oil and sugar; beat until well-combined, about 1 min.
2. Add milk, vanilla and egg (or egg whites); blend well.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; gradually stir in liquid mixture and continue until well mixed.
4. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 min.-1 hr. for easier handling.
5. Heat oven to 375°F.
6. Shape dough into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press cookie ball with the bottom of a glass to flatten. Cookies will be about 1 1/2-in. in diameter and about 1/4-in. thick and do not spread much when baking.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
* FYI: This cookie is the hard, crunchy type cookie that is good for dipping in milk, coffee, etc., not the "chewy" type.
Calories: 70; Total Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Fiber: 1g; Sodium: 55mg;